Pamunkey Regional Library (PRL) Guidelines for Computer Use
- All computer users are responsible for abiding by the PRL Guidelines for Computer Use.
THE PAMUNKEY REGIONAL LIBRARY RESERVES THE RIGHT TO LIMIT, RESTRICT OR EXTEND COMPUTER PRIVILEGES AND ACCESS TO ITS INFORMATION RESOURCES AS DEEMED APPROPRIATE AND CONSISTENT WITH LIBRARY POLICIES, AT THE DISCRETION OF THE DIRECTOR AND DESIGNEES.
NON-COMPLIANCE WITH THE "PRL GUIDELINES FOR COMPUTER USE," MISUSE OR UNAUTHORIZED USE OF LIBRARY COMPUTER FACILITIES AND INFORMATION RESOURCES BY PATRONS MAY RESULT IN DENIAL OF ACCESS TO LIBRARY COMPUTERS OR REVOCATION OF LIBRARY PRIVILEGES.
Revised January 30, 2013
Educational, civic, cultural, government groups and individuals may use Library multi-purpose (or meeting) rooms for meetings if they agree, in writing, to follow all rules and regulations established by the Library Board for the use of the rooms. The multi-purpose room will be available on equal terms to all in the community regardless of their beliefs and affiliations. Registrants to use the Library multi-purpose rooms must have a valid Pamunkey Regional Library card.
1. Reservations to use the multi-purpose room are available to all on equal terms. Use of the room will be assigned on a first-come-first-served-basis.
2. Registrations may be made not more than one month in advance. Library, County or other government agencies or inter agency council members are exempt from this rule.
3. Registration to use the room must be made in writing on the Registration Form for Multi-Purpose Room Use (form linked below or contact your local library).
4. A copy of the Multi-Purpose Room Use Rules and Regulations is given to all who register to use the room.
5. At the Atlee and Hanover Branch Libraries, multi-purpose rooms are available during library open hours only. Meetings must end 15 minutes before closing time. At the Richard S. Gillis, Jr./Ashland, Goochland, Mechanicsville, Rockville, Upper King William and West Point Branch Libraries, multi-purpose rooms are available during library open hours only unless special arrangements are made with library staff.
6. If the library is closed because of weather or other unforeseen circumstances, the use of the multi-purpose room is cancelled and the registrant will be notified as soon as possible.
7. Individuals may use the multi-purpose room when no group has reserved the space.
8. The registrant agrees to observe the following regulations:
a. All programs/meetings must be open to the public.
b. No administration fee will be charged or donation taken at the programs/meetings except for fees for conference programs or educational courses sponsored by the Library, County, or other government agencies or interagency council members.
c. Registration by participants may not be required for attendance at programs except those sponsored by the Library, County, other government agencies or interagency council members.
d. No goods or services will be sold, nor will there be solicitations, on the premises of the Library except by the Library, the counties, other government agencies or interagency council members.
e. All publicity must list the name of the organization sponsoring the meeting. The Library may not be named as sponsor of any event without written permission.
f. The fact that a group is permitted to meet at the Library does not in any way constitute an endorsement of the group or its programs.
g. Neither the name nor address of a Library may be used as the official address or headquarters of any organization.
h. Light refreshments, but no alcoholic beverages, may be served. The group is responsible for clean up and removal of all trash after the meeting.
i. The organization is responsible for setting up furniture to suit its needs and must return furniture to the position it was in prior to the meeting.
j. The registrant is responsible for damages to Library equipment, furniture, or facilities during the meeting and will pay for any damages.
k. If an event is canceled, the registrant will notify the Library as soon as possible so the room may be rescheduled for another use.
l. The Library is not responsible for loss of items left on the premises.
m. Activity and noise levels in the multi-purpose room during meetings must not disrupt or disturb regular Library activities.
n. Smoking is not allowed in the Library.
o. The Library Director may determine that security services are required during a proposed use of the multi-purpose room. If so determined: the registrant agrees to pay for any security services associated with use of Library facilities deemed necessary by the Director. The Library will contract for security services. The Library will bill the registrant for the security services. The registrant must pay the Library in full. In addition, if it is determined that security is necessary; the registrant will provide a certificate of comprehensive general liability insurance, including contractual liability insurance, in the amount of $1,000,000 with the Pamunkey Regional Library and Pamunkey Regional Library Board of Trustees named as additional insureds. Both the payment and the certificate must be delivered to the Library Director no later than two weeks prior to the proposed use. In the event those requirements are not met, the use of the room shall be deemed cancelled.
9. Users of the multi-purpose room must abide by all local, state and federal laws, ordinances and regulations, including occupancy limits.
10. Any violation of these rules and regulations may result in an order to vacate the premises immediately and/or suspension of the privilege of using the multi-purpose room.